I am in the Philadelphia airport. It’s amazingly wonderfully fabulous. I have much to say about my trip, including
- the beauty of the wedding and my conflicting emotions about the investment (both emotional and monetary) that people put into one five hour celebration.
- a play by play of the plethora of awkward and/or inappropriate questions I blurted out to the boyfriend’s friends.
- a character portrait of the love-em-and-leave-em player I met, who seriously said ‘It’s like that old saying. I keep getting older and they stay the same age.’ To which I said ‘that’s not an old quote, that’s from Dazed and Confused’. To which he said, ‘Well, it’s an old movie.’
- how I saw the LIBERTY BELL!!!!!!
- the boyfriend’s friends and how they’re some of the coolest people I have ever met.
- the chick I sorta wanted to punch. The boyfriend said I’m not allowed to write about it in detail, but I may give you the thousand foot view.
I’m not going to say any of that at the moment though. What I will explain, for those of you who thought I was dead, is that I quit facebook.
But I did. I have several reasons.
- One, I was starting to feel really overexposed (says the blogger).
- Two, I feel like people are about to leave, and I am nothing if not scared to death of picking up on a trend too late.
- Three, it was sort of making me a bitch. Witness the recent Kristie posts.
- Four, the following cartoon had stopped becoming a joke. Ok, I can’t post it, but it says ‘let’s temporarily avoid each other’s blogs, tweets and Facebook updates so we have something to talk about on our date’.
Boarding time. MUAH.