My happiness project hasn’t been going so well lately – mostly cause I’ve been ignoring it, I suspect. But happiness is like a lil flower… it needs tending to grow. Hahahahhahaha.
Sorry, I know that isn’t particularly funny. I’m not having a great day, honestly. My head hurts, I’m this strange combination of overworked and bored, and I’m having some personal life … issues. But this blog isn’t about me, damn it, it’s about – um – me.
SO. What with it being VERY close to the first of April, I’m renewing my dedication to this whole happiness project thing. Full force, not all half assed like before.
According to the awesome Gretchen Rubin, each month should have a happiness resolution of some kind, and each resolution should be broken down into several things that you make sure to do each day. For me, coming up with that kind of thing does NOT help my happiness, so I’m just going to steal one of her months. Because today I’m very very cranky, I’m going to go with her November. Resolution? Laugh Out Loud – perfect offset to crankiness.
So, my April. Every day in April, with a goal towards Laughing Out Loud, I will:
- Tell the truth -Not on Gretchen’s, but I’ve been slacking on the whole radical honesty thing and I kind of liked it while I was doing it.-
- Laugh out loud –drr.-
- Find an area of refuge -Does under my covers count? Cause I could so be happy there right now.-
- Say yes, agree, applaud –Ok, I like this one. See, I’m starting to feel happier already.-
- Look for ways to help -Wow, this is going to make me an awesome person to be around.-
- Don’t talk about aggravations -So far… failure.-
- Be easy to please -K.-
- Crank up my energy -Am I allowed to use stimulants, you think?-
- Speak with good cheer -Generally do. Am sometimes seething behind. Will attempt to knock that off.-
Ok. This is a wonderful idea. I’m going to get started right now. All I need is a joke to laugh at, someone to be nice to, someone to tell the truth to, and a place to hide.