A very good friend of mine is (literally, as I type) torturing me with a list of all of the things that make him hard to be in a relationship with. It’s an interesting exercise, to be sure, albeit sort of a self-flagellating one.
Of course, it’s making me wonder if I could generate such a list. I started thinking about it, and here’s what I came up with.
- My almost unbearable adorableness
- My wonderful baking
- My perfectly behaved dogs
- My sweet and loving attitude
Clearly, I’m not good at this.
Seriously, I could probably come up with some, but they definitely vary by person, right? I mean, some people would find these deal breakers but some probably won’t even understand why they’re on the list. For example:
- My ability to go to the video store for a quality, thought provoking film and come back with a truly crappy horror movie
- My very inconsistent approach to housework – sometimes I must clean up right now, no matter what we’re in the middle of, and sometimes I leave messes for days
- My insistence on reading in any and all downtime (including commercial breaks)
- My tendency to turn the television on when I walk in the door and leave it on until I go to bed
- My basic inability to sleep in past 7:30
- My lackluster approach towards grocery shopping that leads to eating toast with marmalade and cheese for the majority of my meals
Mmmmm – yeah, that’s about it. I’d still date me.